D159 Board to Vote on Hiring Troy as New Business Manager
John Troy, the former Mokena District 159 board president, resigned in July to pursue the district's business manager position. Now, the board will decide Wednesday whether to hire him.
The Mokena School District 159 board will vote Wednesday to hire former Board President John Troy as the district's new business manager, according to the agenda for the board's Sept. 5 meeting.
If the hiring is approved, Troy will begin work immediately, and his $68,000 annual salary will be prorated, according to district documents.
The district has been without a business manager since the end of July after Kirt Hendrick, the previous manager, abruptly left the position, citing personal and professional reasons.
Troy has been vocal about his interest in the post, telling Patch that the business manager position was an ideal match for his skills. On July 23, Troy resigned from the board, which he had been on since 2009 and had been president of since 2011, and submitted his application for business manager.
Troy was not required to resign from the board in order to be hired on as business manager, but he stated in his resignation letter that he did so to avoid any conflicts of interest.
“I have decided that in order to avoid any appearance of impropriety I am resigning today concurrent with submitting my application,” Troy wrote.
Here is a quick look at some of Troy's professional background:
- Since 2005, he's been the co-founder, chief executive and general counsel at Ashford Glen Realty in Tinley Park, which is a real-estate management company that provides investment and management services for apartment and condo buildings.
- He's currently enrolled at Northern Illinois University where he's working to earn certification as a chief school business official.
- Troy was elected to a four-year term on the D159 board in April 2009. He was voted as president of the board in 2011 and re-elected in 2012.
Other Stories About the D159 Business Manager Opening:
- D159 Director of Business Operations Resigns
- D159 Board President Might Shift into Business Manager Position
- D159 Board President Resigns
- WANTED: Business Manager for D159
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Mokena Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.