Fall Fest Hits Single-Day Attendance Record; 'Fright Fest' Named '13 Theme
Officials estimate about 150,000 visitors came to Frankfort Fall Festival on Monday. Overall attendance, however, was down from last year. Did the rain keep you from going to the event? Share your thoughts about the weekend here.
Although overall attendance was down this year thanks to the rain, the last day of Frankfort Fall Festival set a single-day record, with the sunny and warm weather attracting visitors Labor Day.
Event officials estimate about 150,000 people attended the festival Monday, Sept. 3, said Corielle Heath, the Fall Fest public relations chairwoman, in an email. This is the second consecutive year the festival has reached a single-day record after a bout of bad weather. Last year, officials estimated about 100,000 visitors attended the Sunday of the festival after a severe—but brief—rainstorm shut down the event for a bit.
Early attendance estimates for the three-day weekend are around 275,000 visitors, she stated, adding that last year's turn out was around 300,000.
As is the tradition for the event, next year's Fall Festival theme was chosen. It will be "Fright Fest," and it was selected by Colleen Mora, who will be the chairwoman next year, Heath said. Keith Ogle, this year's Frankfort Chamber of Commerce president, will serve as co-chairman. The chamber is the main organizer for Frankfort Fall Festival.
YOUR TURN: What did you think of this year's Frankfort Fall Festival? Did the rain ruin it for you? Or were there enough good weather windows of opportunity for you to enjoy some shopping? Share your thoughts in the comments section and add your photos of what you did—and what you bought—at the event in the media gallery.
Other Fall Festival Stories on Patch:
- Fall Fest: Parade Marches On; Final Day Arrives (Photos)
- Experience 2 Carnival Rides From the Comfort of Your Laptop
- Frankfort Couple Named Grand Marshals for Fall Fest Parade
- Fall Fest Earns Top 10 Ranking Among National Arts and Crafts Shows
- VIDEO: 'Art Will Always Be a Part of My Life,' Says Fall Fest Poster Winner
- Fall Fest: Has the Weekend Become Too Crowded?
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.