Fall Fest Survival Guide: Hang With Patch Before and After the Parade at Eclectic Attic
Meet and talk with Frankfort Patch editor Joe Vince on Sunday at Eclectic Attic. You might even pick up some free Patch merchandise. Plus, find out what else is on tap Sunday for Frankfort Fall Festival.
Do you have questions about what gets published on Frankfort Patch? Is there a story you think the site should be covering? Or do you finally want to meet the Frankfort Patch editor face to face?
Now's your chance as Frankfort Patch editor Joe Vince will be hanging out at Eclectic Attic, upstairs in the Trolley Barn, on Sunday, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Then, Joe will head over to the parade (check the map in the media gallery to find out the parade route) and will return to Eclectic Attic after it's over.
Check the Frankfort Patch Facebook page for updates on where you can find Joe, and you might just be able to score a free Patch tote bag, T-shirt, water bottle or pair of sunglasses.
What's Happening Sunday?
Here's a look at some of the special events scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 2—the first official day of the festival—as well as the hours the carnival is open. You also can take a look the map of the festival grounds in this article.
What About the Rain?
Frankfort Fall Festival goes on, rain or shine. There is a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 7 a.m. Sunday, according to the National Weather Service's forecast for Frankfort.
Frankfort Fall Festival Schedule
10 a.m.-6 p.m.: Arts and crafts exhibitors open
10 a.m.-6 p.m.: Food booths open
1 p.m.: Parade (see below)
When: 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday
Where: The new parking lot next to the Trolley Barn, near Kansas and White streets
Cost: $1.50 per ticket; $25 for 22 tickets; $60 for 55 tickets. Rides and attractions need between two to four tickets per person.
The parade begins at 1 p.m. Sunday. Parade participants are encouraged to have a "Carnivale!" theme for their floats and displays. John and Judy Herder are the 2012 parade grand marshals.
Breidert Green Stage
Where: Breidert Green
11 a.m.: Outcast Jazz Band (Big Band)
1 p.m.: Strung Out (classic rock)
3 p.m.: Frankfort Brass Band
Beer And Entertainment Tent (BETA)
Where: Breidert Green parking lot
Cost: $5 after 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday**. $2 from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday through Monday. Children younger than 12 are free before 6 p.m. Food will be served by the Lincoln-Way East High School Music Boosters.
1-5 p.m.: Timing’s Everything (pop)
7-11 p.m.: Funhouse (classic rock from the '80s)
* No one younger than 21 is allowed in the entertainment tent after 6 p.m.
Other Fall Festival Stories on Patch:
- Where to Park, Where to Drive During the Festival
- Try Out 2 Carnival Rides Before You Go to the Fest
- Longtime Resident Gives Her Tips on How to Enjoy Fall Fest
- Frankfort Couple Named Grand Marshals for Fall Fest Parade
- Fall Fest Earns Top 10 Ranking Among National Arts and Crafts Shows
- VIDEO: 'Art Will Always Be a Part of My Life,' Says Fall Fest Poster Winner
- Fall Fest: Has the Weekend Become Too Crowded?
- Fall Festival Unveils 2012 Theme: Carnivale (VIDEO)
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.