With about 300 arts and crafts vendors, Frankfort Fall Festival attendees might experience a bit of shopping sensory overload, trying to make sure they don't miss out on that special piece of merchandise or that great bargain.
But that killer shopping instinct can make some people overlook the fact that Frankfort's downtown stores are open during the festival, even if they're literally overshadowed by the lines of vendor tents.
Here are some of the local establishments you can check out that offer similar fare as many of the visiting artisans.
If You're Looking for Clothing and Accessories:
- Briosa Boutique
- Eclectic Attic
- Fianceé Couture
- Fringe Boutique
- Lil Surprises
- My Sisters and Me Boutique
If You're Looking for Crafts and Gifts:
- Cottage Creations
- Glory Bee
- Frankfort General Store
- All Small Miniatures
- This & That Gifts
- Yarns to Dye For and More
- White Street Market
If You're Looking for Fine Arts:
If You're Looking for Pets:
If You're Looking for Food:
- Francesca's Fortunato
- Frankfort Meats and Deli
- Kernel Sweetooth
- Kup A Joe
- La Dolce Vita
- Mamma Rosetta's Gelateria & Espresso Bar
- Old Plank Trail Tavern
- Pickwick Society Tearoom
- Smokey Barque
- Stray Bar
What's Happening Friday?
Here's a look at some of the special events scheduled for Friday, Aug. 31, as well as the hours the carnival is open. You also can take a look the map of the festival grounds in this article to get a jump on the weekend. Remember to check out Patch's Frankfort Fall Festival section for a complete schedule, a parking map and all the information you need to get the most out of the village's annual event.
When: 5 to 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Where: The new parking lot next to the Trolley Barn, near Kansas and White streets
Cost: $1.50 per ticket; $25 for 22 tickets; $60 for 55 tickets. Rides and attractions need between two to four tickets per person.
Wristband Nights: Special $20 wristbands can be purchased for unlimited rides on Wednesday and Thursday.
Beer And Entertainment Tent (BETA)
Where: Breidert Green parking lot
Cost: $5 after 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday**. $2 from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday through Monday. Children younger than 12 are free before 6 p.m. Food will be served by the Lincoln-Way East High School Music Boosters.
7:30-11 p.m.: Five Guys Named Moe (classic rock)
* No one younger than 21 is allowed in the entertainment tent after 6 p.m.
Other Fall Festival Stories on Patch:
- Where to Park, Where to Drive During the Festival
- Try Out 2 Carnival Rides Before You Go to the Fest
- Longtime Resident Gives Her Tips on How to Enjoy Fall Fest
- Frankfort Couple Named Grand Marshals for Fall Fest Parade
- Fall Fest Earns Top 10 Ranking Among National Arts and Crafts Shows
- VIDEO: 'Art Will Always Be a Part of My Life,' Says Fall Fest Poster Winner
- Fall Fest: Has the Weekend Become Too Crowded?
- Fall Festival Unveils 2012 Theme: Carnivale (VIDEO)
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.