Mokena Man Wins Big as 100,000th Customer at Repair Shop
Warren Kilmer took home a Blu-ray player, a gift certificate and other merchandise from Matt's TV in Tinley Park.
Warren Kilmer has a new luck day. It's Aug. 8.
That's the day last week that he became the 100,000th customer at Matt’s TV in Tinley Park. The distinction also came with a few prizes.
Kilmer was surprised with an LG Network Blu-ray player, an LG Smart TV adapter, a Sycom surge protector, connecting cables and a gift certificate for $100 toward a new TV of his choice. He also took home a bag of munchies for his TV watching.
Store manager Walter Jones said the total value for all of the prizes was $500.
Matt's TV has been around for more than 50 years and has been at 17236 S. Oak Park Ave., in Tinley Park since 1971.
The store has been owned by Jim Fuentes, known as the Mayor of Oak Park Avenue, for the past eight years. He also runs his State Farm Insurance Agency from inside the store.
—By Patch contributor Bob Bong
Check Out Other Business Stories on Mokena Patch:
- What Should Go Here? Business Space in One Mokena Plaza
- Why Have Gas Prices Jumped So High?
- Nuts & Bolts of How Local Hardware Stores Compete with the Big Guys
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Mokena Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.