Mug Shot Gallery: 2012 Crimes in Review
Take a look at some of the larger crimes and convictions in Mokena this year and the people who were accused of committing them.
Most of Mokena's highest profile crimes of 2012 resulted in suspects being caught and taken to jail.
For some of the people in the photos above, they're still in court hearings, hoping to prove their innocence. For others, they were convicted of their crimes this year.
The photos were supplied by the Will County Sheriff's Department, the Mokena Police Department and other law enforcement agencies throughout 2012. For more information on the people in the photos, read the stories below.
The famed White Sox catcher Carlton Fisk ignited a flurry of comments and several follow-up stories after his arrest Oct. 23 in New Lenox for DUI.
- New Lenox Police Arrest Retired White Sox Star Carlton Fisk
- Lincoln-Way School Board Member Representing Carlton Fisk in Court
- Carlton Fisk Lawyer Wants Judge to Strike Out DUI Evidence
- Names in the News: Carlton Fisk, Retired White Sox Player
- Carlton Fisk Catches New Court Date
Sex Abuse of a Child
- Cops: Frankfort Twp. Man Tried to Buy Sex With Child
- Mokena Man Charged With Sexual Abuse of Children
- Sex Offender Faces Charges for Coaching Kids at Park
Mokena Man's Mug Appears Five Times in One Year
Timothy J. Ignowski, 21, was charged July 11 with possession of marijuana and leaving the scene of an accident.
Car theft in Morris turns into police chase.
Alleged Injury to a Child
Theft results in duo arrests
Escaped convicts in Tinley Park force schools in Mokena to safety hold lockdown
- Scenes From a Manhunt (Photo Gallery)
- Fugitive Manhunt: FBI Posts $50K Reward for Info on Convicts (Updated)
- Mokena Schools on 'Safety Hold,' Lockdown after Escapees Spotted in Tinley
- Convicted Bank Robber and Prison Escapee Appears in Court
- FBI: Prison Escapee Caught in Chicago; Cellmate Still at Large
Domestic violence results in woman's death
- Police: Husband Charged With Murder in Wife's Death in Brookside Glen (Updated)
- Fatality Reported in Brookside Glen
- Son to Cops: 'Daddy Killed My Mommy' (Updated)
- Woman Dead in Possible Domestic Incident (Updated)
- District 161 Offers Extra Counselors After Parent Death, Murder Charges
Information for the Mug Shot Gallery is provided by law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.