Construction from the U.S. Route 30 widening project will keep the entrances to two Mokena subdivisions closed for a couple more weeks, according to a village update.
The two communities affected by the road work include:
- Old Castle South subdivision at Ridgemore Road and Rt. 30. The closing is for the Illinois Department of Transportation to finish paving Rt. 30 and improve the connection with Ridgemore.
- Tall Grass subdivision at Tall Grass Drive and Rt. 30, which has been closed since June 14.
Drivers going in and out of both subdivisions should use Abbey Road via Wolf Road as a detour.
The $72-million Rt. 30 widening project, which stretches 8.5 miles from Harlem Avenue in Frankfort to William Street in New Lenox, is scheduled to be finished by late fall, with some minor landscaping and traffic light installation to be completed in 2013, according to IDOT's website.
Residents with construction questions can call Mokena's Engineering Department at 708-479-3927.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Mokena Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.
See More on Patch
- PHOTO GALLERY: Mokena's Clean-Up Day Brings Community Together
- LWSRA Walk n' Roll-a-Thon 5K Race and Benefit is April 28
- Top Headlines: LWASE D843 Marches for Peace, Cigarette Trafficking
- The 58th Annual Mokena Lions Pancake Breakfast Fed Tummies and Smiles
- L-W Easter Egg Hunts: SEND PATCH YOUR PHOTOS