Vote for Mokena Patch's 2012 Person of the Year
Voting continues through Dec. 30.
Who deserves to be recognized as Mokena Patch's Person of the Year?
During the past week, readers have submitted names of folks they feel deserve the honor. We received three nominations. Below, you'll find answers to two questions about each nominee from those who nominated them. We did not change the answers at all. What was submitted to us is what you see.
Vote by selecting a person on the attached poll above. And, while you're at it, leave a few thoughts in the comment section about why he or she received your vote. You must be logged into the site to vote and comment.
We will accept votes until the end of the day on Dec. 30. Whomever receives the most votes is Mokena Patch's Person of the Year and will have a story written about his or her efforts.
This story is one way for us to highlight all the great work going on in Mokena. The other two people should be commended for their giving spirits as well. The person selected isn't receiving an award or gift certificate or anything to that nature—just a little recognition.
Here are the questions:
- Why should he or she be our Person of the Year?
- What affiliations does this person have (groups, boards, businesses, etc.)?
- He is gorgeous on the inside and out.
- Marisa has a servant's heart. She has tirelessly coordinated several fundraisers for our neighbors, the Swallow family, whose daughter Rachel has been in the hospital since April. Marisa is so loving and caring that she feels their pain and needs to her core, and her first response is to take action and help. She has made a huge difference for this family who is incurring lots of medical bills, and who have a 6th grader who is still undiagnosed and unresponsive. Marisa is an outstanding, compassionate person.
- Volunteers at District 161 schools
- He helps people with great humility.
- District 159 school board
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: