The following items were approved by the Will County Board on Jan. 19.
1. A resolution appropriating Drug Court Enhancement Grant Funds in the amount of $100,000 in the State's Attorney's Drug Court Budget.
2. A resolution appropriating IDOT Sustained Traffic Enforcement Grant Funds in the amount of $253,000 in the Sheriff's Budget.
3. A resolution authorizing approval of Professional Services Agreement for Phase II Engineering for new traffic signals and turn lanes at Center Road and Laraway Road in Frankfort in the Amount of $19,638.
4. A resolution approving acceptance of New Freedom Grant from the Regional Transportation General Authority for $506,000 for Paratransit Service in Eastern Will County.
5. A resolution awarding bid for Consulting Services for Aggregation of Electrical Load in unincorporated Will County. This is to provide lower electric rates for Will County residents by negotiating with alternate electric companies. I brought this request up to the County Board Staff and Leadership back in July. A March 20th referendum is on the ballot for voter approval.
6. A resolution to reduce speed limits to 25 mph on Joliet Highway in unincorporated New Lenox Township as requested by the Highway Commissioner.
On Jan. 12 the Will County Forest Preserve Board of Commissioners awarded a Contract to Bisping Construction of New Lenox in the amount of $15,636 for the Removal of Surplus Structures from Forest Preserve property.
The Forest Preserve Finance Department received a Certificate of Achievement from the Government Finance Officiers Association for Excellent in Financial Reporting.