Invite a friend
Tai Chi for Seniors
Senior Services of Will County is offering the 12-week Tai Chi Program for people over 50 years of age. The ancient Chinese art of Tai Chi is an especially good way for older adults to exercise, reduce the likelihood of falls, prevent injuries and improve quality of life.
The classes will be held at the Guy Seil Senior Housing New Lenox, IL beginning on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 and ending on Tuesday, April 9, 2013. Mr. Wayne Jupiter of WDJ Productions is the Tai Chi instructor with 14 years of experience.
The goal of the class is to improve balance and to prevent falls, increase flexibility, and reduce stress. No special clothing is needed. The suggested donation is $30.00 for the twelve week class.
Classes will also be held in Joliet, Elwood, Monee, Shorewood, & Channahon.
To sign up for class you may:
- Reach Senior Services Center of Will County – 815-723-9713 to sign up by phone or use website: www.taichicultivation.com.
- Come to next class to sign up and pay (cash/check) for classes.
What is Tai Chi?
- Tai Chi is a centuries old system that promotes harmony between the mind and body. Tai Chi is a form of exercise with slow and gentle movements and postures along with deep breathing and moving meditation.
- Tai Chi is fast becoming one of the more popular exercises in the western world. Its low-impact slow and soothing relaxing movements incorporate deep breathing and relaxing postures that cleanse the mind and body each time you go through the gentle movements.
- Tai Chi benefits for health improvements include: balance improvement with lower risk of falls; improved strength, conditioning, coordination and flexibility; reduced pain and stiffness, enhanced sleep; overall sense of well-being with greater awareness and stress reduction.