For many area residents, Fat Tuesday — which falls on March 4 this year — is not complete without the delectable Polish delicacy known as paczki.
Due to the Chicago area's large Polish population, the fried dough creation has become a staple of the pre-Lenten celebration and indulgence. Filling and icing varieties make the choices almost unending.
But you don't have to be Polish to enjoy the seasonal goody.
Here are some readers suggestions on a few places to get your paczki fix, both near and far.
If we left off your favorite bakery, let us know in the comments section.
- Tuzik's 95th Bakery, 4955 W. 95th St., Oak Lawn
- Fleckenstein's Bakery, 199255 S. LaGrange Rd., Mokena
- Wolf's Bakery, 3241 W. 95th St., Evergreen Park
- Creative Cakes, 16649 Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park
- Orland Park Bakery, 14850 S. LaGrange Rd., Orland Park
- Zettlmeier Bakerei, 17016 Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park
- Naple's Bakery, 3705 W. 95th St., Evergreen Park
- Velvet Cake Bakery, 5168 W. 95th St., Oak Lawn
- Celina's Fresh Market, 14 State St., Lemont
- Joliet Bakery, Deli & Liquors, 821 Plainfield Rd., Joliet
- Doughs Guys, 10731 S Ridgeland Ave, Chicago Ridge
- Weber's Bakery, 7655 W. Archer Ave., Chicago
- Ingram's Busy Bee, 5126 Main St., Downers Grove
- Polonia Catering, 8523 W 191st St., Mokena