Bruce Willis is back with the fifth in the Die Hard series. "A Good Day to Die Hard" in 3D again features the savvy New York cop, but this time the kids are all grown up. The film is set in Moscow, and Willis' character, John McClane, discovers that his son is a well-trained CIA agent. Together, they make for an unstoppable pair of crime fighters.
For those who relish in the fast-action, shoot em up "Die Hard," released in 1988, stop by Mokena Video, 11225 Front St. You can rent the movie for three days.
And since Monday is President's Day, it could be fun to check out the Oscar-nominated film, "Lincoln," starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln, Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln and Tommy Lee Jones as Congressman Thaddeus Stevens.
Other new releases include Safe Haven, Warm Bodies, Identity Theft and Beautiful Creatures.
The Oscar-nominated films now playing at AMC Showplace 14:
- Lincoln: During the Civil War, President Lincoln fights for an amendment to free the slaves.
- Django Unchained: A slave turned bounty hunter seeks to save his wife from a plantation owner.
- Silver Linings Playbook: A former teacher leaves a mental institution and tries to rekindle his relationship with his ex-wife, but meets another woman.
- Zero Dark Thirty: The story of the hunt for terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.
- Argo: The story of the Nov. 4, 1979 Iranian revolution and the rescue of six American hostages held in the American Embassy.
Readers might like:
- 2013 Oscar Nominations: Find Out Where These Movies Are Playing Locally
Now Playing at Marcus Theatres Orland Park
- Identity Theft: A girl on the outskirts of Miami has trouble controlling her urge to shop. How does she feed that passion? Identity theft of course.
- Save Haven: A romantic thriller about a young woman who moves to North Carolina and falls in love with a widowed store owner with two young children. Of course, she has a past, and that past intrudes on the couple's relationship.
- Stand Up Guys: Another gangster film. This one starts when the ex-con gets out of prison and goes back to the same old practices. There's always a twist.
- The Metropolitan Opera: The story of one man's final performance at The Met in 2003.
Other big hits include, "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" in 3D and IMAX 3D as well as a zombie comedy, "Warm Bodies."
Check out these Movie Reviews
Take a look at locally-penned movie reviews. Why not submit your own reviews in Local Voices.
- Django Unchained
- Oscar countdown 2013 - Best Picture nominees
- The Culture Cast Presents:The Greatness of Alien or Why Alien is Great
What do you think of these reviews? Tell us in the comments.
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites:
- New Lenox newsletter and New Lenox Patch Facebook