The meaning of true success is making a positive difference in the lives of others. As the National Association of Profession Women (NAPW) began its Orland Park Chapter in November of 2013, the concept of giving back to women and girls in need became a number one priority. Since then, the Chapter has grown enormously and as stated by Star Jones, NAPW Chief Development Officer and National Spokesperson, “NAPW is America’s largest and most powerful networking organization for professional women.”
NAPW’s mission is to provide a platform where professional woman can interact, exchange ideas, educate, network and empower each other to reach their full potential. While the association has a strong commitment to professional women, they also have a deep responsibility of giving back in the form of community service, following in the footsteps of Orland Park Chapter President, Helen Morgan, who is working hard developing a team with solid work ethics, determined to contribute to the well-being of the community we live in.
With over 150 members, growing by the day, Helen has taken her years of experience as a leader in her industry as a Real Estate Broker and consistently supported her NAPW Local Chapter team in several charitable endeavors. Highlights include:
- Raising almost $1,700 for Multiple Sclerosis (MS) by participating in a charity walk in May.
- NAPW members have donated clothing, coats and shoes to the Crisis Center South Suburbia for victims of domestic violence.
- Continual collection and donations to Dress For Success, helping women with job-appropriate clothes, bags and shoes for corporate-level interviews and positions.
- A variety of items have also been donated to local Churches.
- Donation of 16 boxes of books, divided between the Orland Park, Oak Forest and Homewood Libraries as well as to Bookies, in Evergreen Park.
- We're also working with Chi-Town Large Cars to support Athens Alabama tornado victims by delivering a tractor trailer full of supplies such as towels, sheets, blankets, toothbrushes, soaps, shampoos and undergarments.
“Simply seeing the faces of those who have been helped through our tireless dedication to give back and make a difference is the greatest feeling in the world,” exclaims Helen.
As the National Association of Professional Women Orland Park Chapter continues to reach new levels of success, their impact on the surrounding community will inevitably help make a positive impact on the lives of all residents. Always encouraging other professional women to reach out and get involved as well, whether by becoming a member of NAPW or finding their own path to give back, the gift of giving creates a synergy that can accomplish great things. And, we all have the power to do great things; when women succeed, everyone succeeds!