Everyone is welcome to attend the free discussion "Aspects of the African American Experience: Chicago Since the Civil Rights Era" at the Governors State University Center for Performing Arts. This is part of the "One More Night" Pre-Performance Series in conjunction with "Speaking In Tongues: The Chronicles of Babel", an MPAACT presentation.
- Michele Nettles - GSU Student, "Respect: Black-on-Black Violence in Southside Chicago"
- Kristina Kloc - GSU Student, "Delta Blues in the Big City: Music and the African-American Community since the Civil Rights Era"
- Dorothy Adebayo - GSU Student, "Challenges, Struggles, and Triumphs: My Life from the Delta to the Southside"
- Michael Sanders - "Speaking In Tongues" Actor
- Shepsu Aakhu - "Speaking In Tongues" Playwright
- Professor David Hamilton Golland - Moderator
See "Speaking In Tongues: The Chronicles of Babel" on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 8:00pm in the Governors State University Center for Performing Arts. For tickets, contact www.centertickets.net or call 708-235-2222.
Sponsored by the GSU Center for Performing Arts and the Office of Student Life.