On Wednesday, Feb. 20th, Central Collision Center is hosting a free, educational course to share our vehicle knowledge with local first responders. The course will be held in our training center, located at 9646 W. 196th Street Unit C in Mokena, from 5-7 p.m.
The first responder course will cover the following:
- Types and locations of advanced metals in a vehicle and what first responders can expect from each type
- Construction of door and roof areas and what first responders can expect from each type
- Types and locations of restraint items and potential problems first responders may encounter from each type
- Safety concerns while disarming batteries
- Location of high voltage components and disarming high voltage components
- Do's & don'ts of hybrid vehicles at the scene of an accident
- Types of educational apps that first responders can use at the scene of an accident
Steve Melton from Automotive Technical Education Group (ATEG) will lead the course. ATEG provides training seminars for the collision repair and insurance industries. Melton has over 30 years in the collision repair business, as a technician and collision repair shop manager.
Please respond to Marissa at email@example.com to reserve your spot by Wednesday, Feb. 13th.