Looking for top-notch entertainment options? We've got the five best bets for a good time in the Southland.
1. Stellar Music in Frankfort: ). One of the Midwest's most in-demand home-grown bands, Stellar Road brings its vibrant acoustic pop rock covers and original songs to the local stage before embarking on a multi-state tour.
2. Last Blast of Summer in Mokena: Summer ends on funky note as wacky, wild and wonderfully entertaining Dave Rudolf leads the . An award-winning songwriter and recording artist, Rudolf gives new meaning to the word zany. Forget that libraries usually are quiet and get into the swing with Rudolf in this farewell bash to the summer of 2011.
3. Gallery Artists Show Their Stuff: Always free to attend, . Anyone who has not been to USG is in for a visual wonderland. A walk through the door of the historic Elk's Lodge building that now houses the gallery parallels stepping into the magnificent colors of Munchkin Land, minus any witch, of course.
4. All About Superman: It's a bird ... it's a plane ... no, it's a retired college professor with knowledge of all things Superman. Dr. Steve Hofer presents his display of Superman comic books, comic strips, records, memorabilia, "wearabilia" and even a rock from Krypton when he visits the .
5. Tinley Park's September Artist Looks At America: Tinley Park resident and acclaimed artist MaryAnn Nowak has been named the September artist at Tinley Park Public Library. Nowak will exhibit her work and talk about some of the paintings in a special