1. Marist (26-1): That fine line between fast and too fast? The RedHawks are close to solving it. They’ve been wreaking havoc with their fastbreak attack. JeTaun Rouse (17 points, 6 steals, 3 assists) and Leah Bolton (16 points, 5 rebounds) were on top of their game in a 54-41 victory over Maine South in the Sweet 16 Tournament.
2. Lincoln-Way East (21-3): Better late than never? Caitlin McMahon came alive in the second half of the Griffins’ 51-42 victory over Sandburg. She scored 18 of her game-high 20 points in the final two quarters.
3. Homewood-Flossmoor (17-7): Charnelle Reed scored 11 points in the Vikings’ 60-35 loss to Bolingbrook. Lauren Parker added 10 points and three steals. The two will look to get H-F back on track vs. Sandburg tonight.
4. Stagg (17-5): If it’s not one McMahon, it’s another. Revi or Casey? Pick your poison. The two McMahon girls continue to get the job done for a Stagg team that has won 11 in a row. Casey McMahon scored 10 points in a 68-31 victory over Thornridge. Carrie Sinclair also chipped in 10 points.
5. Mother McAuley (17-9): Mighty Macs coach Karen Ade is taking a break to prepare for the birth of her twins. Her players—Alyssa Siwek, Elizabeth Nye, Brenna Nolan, Tiffany Fortune—are stepping on the gas. Siwek scored 13 points in a 54-21 victory over Resurrection.
Next best in alphabetical order: Andrew, Lincoln-Way North, Marian Catholic, Oak Forest, Richards.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities).