The votes are in and the winner of our 2014 Mokena Patch Best Gym poll is Patriot Boxing.
Patriot Boxing took an early lead in the vote and held it to the end, grabbing just shy of half of the total votes. Body Tech Total Fitness also made a strong showing with a third of the overall vote for second place.
Here is the final vote tally, out of 1,171 votes.
- Patriot Boxing, 9418 W. 191st St.: 523 votes, 45 percent
- Body Tech Total Fitness, 19815 S. LaGrange Rd.: 399 votes, 34 percent
- Crossfit Mokena, 8421 W. 191st St.: 120 votes, 10 percent
- The Oaks Fitness and Recreation, 10847 LaPorte Rd.: 52 votes, 4 percent
- Anatomy Physical Fitness, 8910 W. 192nd St.: 42 votes, 4 percent
- Charter Fitness, 19816 S. LaGrange Rd.: 34 votes, 3 percent
Check out what Patch fans said about Patriot Boxing.
Joe McWillson January 06, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Patriot Gym is incredible, personal training at a group rate!
Phil Zaczek January 06, 2014 at 11:37 AM
I totally agree Joe, Patriot workouts are as intense as you want them to be with individual attention and it is the friendliest gym I have ever belonged to. Very motivating and not the least bit intimidating.
So why are we doing these polls?
It’s not about who wins. It’s a reminder that we have a lot of great local businesses right here in our area. If seeing a poll like this reminds you of a business you appreciate, but haven’t been to in a while, then go visit them again and support them.