Patch isn’t just the place for high school football scores and game recaps. It’s the premiere place for YOU to talk about the teams you love.
Post results. Share photos. Blog about a team. Don’t just read the news; be a part of it!
In this page, we’ll keep you updated on the latest scores and the upcoming schedule for your . But you can help out.
Share Sports News
- Share photos: Did you get a great photo or video of the last game? Click the “upload” button underneath our current gallery to add your photos.
- Post results: Comment below with the latest scores, or just give your team a shout-out!
- Blog: Are you a super-fan who makes it to every game? Or did you just attend one and want to write about it? Then share your news and photos in our Local Voices section to get your team’s results featured on our home page.
2012 Season Coverage
L-W East 31, Carmel 6 (Week 1): After a slow first quarter, Lincoln-Way East showed why it went 10-0 last season. Quarterback Tom Fuessel showed poise and agility by scrambling and then tossing a 61-yard touchdown pass to start the scoring for the Griffins on the first play after the defense recovered a fumble. That same stifling defense also put points on the board after a blocked punt and after defensive lineman Cody Hoffman stripped the ball from the Carmel QB and ran it for 39 yards.
L-W East 20, Montini Catholic 14 (Week 2): L-W East's defense shut down Montini Catholic, and the Griffins' offense struck early with consecutive touchdown drives on their first two possessions, the Chicago Tribune reports. L-W East quarterback Tom Fuessel had 16 carries for 113 yards, with five rushes for more than 8 yards, the report continued. In the fourth quarter, linebacker Kyle Langenderfer sacked Montini quarterback Alex Wills, and the junior left the field on a stretcher and did not return, the report stated. .
All games at 7:30 p.m. Fridays unless otherwise noted. Check back each week for updated results, records and links to game coverage and scores from around the area. Scores and results courtesy of IHSA.org.
Sept. 14 H Homewood-Flossmoor
Sept. 21 (7:15 p.m. start)A
Oct. 13 (1 p.m. Saturday game)A
- Coach: Rob Zvonar
- 2011 record: 10-0 (lost in the second round of the playoffs)
- 2012 season preview:
- Conference standings:See updated conference standings on IHSA.org.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Mokena Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.