Frankfort Township Municipal Complex
Established in 1850, Frankfort Township serves the people of Frankfort and the surrounding communities, including Mokena, Tinley Park and Orland Park. The township consists of a a five-member, resident-elected board, as well as the highway commissioner and township assessor. The following agencies also fall under the purview of Frankfort Township:
- Road district: Responsible for 65 miles of roads in the unincorporated areas and also handles bike trail construction and branch and leaf pickup.
- Animal control: Handles animal safety and rescue in the unincorporated areas as well as helping to find lost pets.
- Food pantry: The pantry accepts donations of non-perishable food as well as store gift cards. Residents also can volunteer at the pantry.
Frankfort Township also provides transportation services, senior programs, voter registration and mosquito abatement.
- Fax: 815-469-4911
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp accessible
- Founding Date: 1850
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: PACE bus service, Meals on Wheels, senior programs, food pantry, animal control, voter registration, notary public