Grace Fellowship Church, one of Mokena's newer churches, continuously seeks out ways to connect with its congregation. Instead of a choir, it has a worship team that plays contemporary church songs on guitars and drums. When a recent study of British men found that singing in church was a deterrent for them to attend, Grace Fellowship introduced an earlier, "2-The-Point" service, which is the regular service with the music removed (services with music continue at their regular time).
Grace Fellowship also has youth, men's and women's ministries, Bible study and small groups.
- Fax: 708-479-0873
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm. Regular service: Sun, 10:30am. 2-The-Point service: Sun, 8:30am.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Mar 07 1993
- What makes this community special?: "I appreciate how much people in Mokena are trying to make it a hometown," said Pastor John Morlan.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Non-denominational
- Congregation size: 200
- Services: Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No