Home to one of Mokena's oldest and largest congregations, Immanuel Lutheran Church dates back to 1850, when it was established in Frankfort by German immigrants. Today, the Church provides countless opportunities for service to its congregants, from choir and youth ministries to helping rebuild homes in New Orleans. Immanuel Lutheran has both traditional and contemporary services, and in the summer it holds outdoor services on Sundays.
The Church also runs a preschool which has been in operation for 30 years.
- Fax: 708-479-2248
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed. Service hours: Sat, 5pm (contemporary; Sun, 8am, 10:30am; during the summer, the 10:30 service is replaced by a 9:30 outdoor service
- Handicap Accessible: The sanctuary is at ground level.
- Founding Date: Nov 04 1850
- What makes this community special?: "The openness and readiness to help. The help that people provide one another in the community," says Pastor David Constien.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Lutheran
- Congregation size: 900
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes
- Number of students: 200
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Lutheran
- Accreditation/licenses: Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services Affiliated with the Northern Illinois District Department of Lutheran Schools/The Early Childhood Education Department
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1 to 10
- Number of faculty: 12
- Montessori: No
- Age range: 2 1/2 - 5
- Uniforms: No
- Special education: No