Mary Drew Elementary School
Part of Summit Hill School District 161, Mary Drew Elementary serves students in grades 1-4, as well as kindergarten. The school has an enrollment of about 350 students.
Mary Drew's mission is this: "The Mary Drew Elementary School Community is committed to providing a student centered learning environment while maintaining high expectations in order to become confident, productive life-long learners."
The school also houses the administrative offices for D161, which includes the superintendent and other district employees. The D161 also meets there for its twice-monthly meetings.
- Fax: 815-469-0540
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:50am - 3:20pm Office hours: Mon - Fri, 8:25am - 3:40pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 350
- Male-to-female ratio: Not collected at school level
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: Not collected at school level
- Grade levels: Grades 1-4 and kindergarten
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Brain Games (fourth grade); Kid Power for Girls (fourth grade); Word Games (second and third grades); Math Games (second grades); Safety Patrol (fourth grade); Chorus
- Student clubs: Blue Jay Leadership Club (third and fourth grades); Art (second, third and fourth grades); Drama Club (third and fourth grades); Community Club (third and fourth grades); Science Club (second grade);