Mokena Elementary School
Located on a school site that dates back to the 1950s, Mokena Elementary has managed to stay up-to-date when it comes to classroom technology. The school boasts a couple of computer labs as well as Smart Board-equipped classrooms. The school, which is led by Principal Chris Clavenna, is close to the Mokena Community Public Library District, Mokena Intermediate School, and St. Mary Parish and School, and shares its building with Mokena School District 159 offices.
- Fax: 708-479-3120
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is located at ground level.
- Number of students: 750
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the state of Illinois
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1 to 24
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 60
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school has mentor and clerical volunteer programs as well as parent involvement programs such as PTA, Mokena Educational Foundation, Music Boosters, and Athletic Boosters.
- What makes this community special?: "I think we have a very dedicated, very caring staff and parents that are actively engaged and look to be partners with the school."-Principal Steve Stein
- Grade levels: Pre-Kindergarten - 3rd
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Student clubs: Student council