708-479-3912 (administration); 708-479-3911 (non-emergency police issue)
The Mokena Police Department is staffed by 31 full-time officers. It features a bike patrol unit, detective and juvenile bureaus and an accident reconstructionist. Headed by Police Chief Randy Rajewski, the department responds to calls for assistance and informs the community about crime prevention and public safety.
The department offers several crime prevention programs, including a neighborhood watch, D.A.R.E. and TRIAD, which instructs senior citizens on how to protect themselves from Internet and phone scams. The Department also recently received a $12,000 grant from the State of Illinois to enforce a railroad safety plan around Mokena's train stations and crossings.
- Fax: 708-479-0989
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 6pm. There is a 24-hour emergency call box in outer lobby.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at ground level.
- Services: Children's fingerprint cards; Block Home, which provides lost or threatened children with a safe place; neighborhood and vacation watch programs; bicycle registration; child car seat installation program; citizen's police academy.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Wi-Fi: None
- Auxiliary: No
- Bureaus: Detective, Juvenile