Mokena Public School District 159
The Mokena Public School District 159 office houses the administrative and superintendent's offices. The offices share the same space as the Elementary School, whose proximity to the Public Library and the Intermediate School places the School District in the heart of Mokena's academic campus. The District is state-accredited and participates in the federal free- and reduced-lunch program. Says Superintendent Karen Perry: "Kids are our top priority. Kids are our future. We have to take care of that."
Follow Mokena District 159 on Twitter.
- Fax: 708-479-3143
- Hours: Summer: Mon-Thu 7am-4:30pm; School year, Mon-Fri, 7:30am-4pm
- Handicap Accessible: The offices are on the ground floor.
- Number of students: 2,000
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the state of Illinois
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 28 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 100
- How engaged is the school with the community?: "We are trying to reach out to the community every way we can."--Superintendent Karen Perry
- What makes this community special?: "The people and their value system. Mokena has that small town feel while being surrounded by bigger things."--Superintendent Karen Perry