Mokena Intermediate School
Mokena Intermediate School has been at its current location since 2001, from its original spot across town. Now going into its 10th year, Principal Michael Krugman has been at the helm since the school began. Each year, the school has a set theme for students to think about and design activities around, and the theme for the 2010-2011 school year will be "Changemakers." The school also offers a variety of extracurricular clubs and activities such as exercise club, the Launch newspaper team and student council.
Follow MIS on Twitter.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:25am - 2:45pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at ground level.
- Number of students: 450
- Male-to-female ratio: 54% to 46%
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the state of Illinois
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 21 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 52 faculty and staff
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is supported by a number of parent involvement and community programs, including PTA, Athletic and Music Boosters, and volunteers. The school is also involved in community service projects throughout the year.
- What makes this community special?: "The community that we work with has a great group of students who want to learn, a great group of parents who support their students, and a great system that provides the best education for the students that go to school here." -Principal Michael Krugman
- Grade levels: 4-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Intramural Sports, Peer Mediation, Say No To Drugs
- Student clubs: Student Council, Newspaper, Exercise Club, Book Club