Noonan Elementary Academy
Established in 1995 by the principal, Dr. Roberta Noonan, Noonan Elementary Academy provides academic and religious instruction to students in pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade. There is no entrance exam, and the graduation rate is virtually 100 percent. In addition to the core curriculum of math, English, science and social studies, the school also provides training in Latin and in Catholic religion and scripture.
- Fax: 708-479-6859
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance at street level
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Acceptance rate (%): 99
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 52
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school supports several local charities as well as schools in Africa and South America. Students participate in local parades and sing carols at local nursing homes during the winter holidays.
- What makes this community special?: "I would have to say, it's the family atmosphere. Mokena is a great community that supports family values," says Dr. Roberta Noonan, principal.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K through 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Art, music, Spanish, Latin
- Sports teams: Boys and girls basketball, girls volleyball
- Uniforms: Yes